Radio audio streamer
The NC8908 audio streamer designed to reduce the cost of multiple users listening to specific radio outputs. Instead of each listener requiring a personal radio, audio inputs can be used and made available to multiple clients over a private controlled network.
There are two component parts to the NC8908. A server unit which connects to the audio sources and a client software application which is loaded on to each listeners PC allowing them to select the audio channel they wish to listen to.
Each server can accept up to 8 audio input channels and can deliver audio to multiple clients. The system is modular and can be expanded as required.
There is a management facility which provides each client with permission to listen to specific radio outputs and also records who and when clients are listening.
Application and Benefits
- Cost saving – Only one radio receiver required for multiple listeners
- Any audio input can be connected from a number of sources. Special or general talk groups, air to ground, marine band, security forces, support teams etc
- Administrative control over who can listen to each channel provided
- Data logging of listener activities
- 8 channel sever is in 2U 19" rack unit
- Modular expansion of channels as required 8, 16, 24, 32 upwards
- Clients are simply provided with the listening application for use on their standard PCs
- Only clients with permission can listen
- Listener activity is controlled and logged
- Audio can be encrypted
Designed from an original concept by the Radio Communications Department of Dorset Police
BiTEA has a policy to continually improve its products and services. The features and facilities described in this document should be used for indicative purposes only and are subject to change without notice.